Our community bears a personal responsibility in preventing the spread of COVID-19. By signing this Community Agreement, you commit to doing your part in keeping our school community healthy and safe. All adult attendees must attend a mandatory meeting prior to joining a pod to go over group policies and procedures including but not limited to the following:
1. Children come first!
2. Masks are required for participants ages 2 and older. Children will be encouraged to wear masks if they want to play in the same area as another child. As always, we will work with individual families if you have specific mask-wearing needs. Our goal is to provide a warm and nurturing atmosphere. We do not want mask-wearing to be a source of stress for the children.
3. We will provide an inspiring environment and teacher facilitator. Adults/caregivers are asked to observe and support their child(ren) allowing for a safe and positive experience for all. Adults are responsible for supervising their child(ren) at all times.
4. Adults will guide their child(ren) in Kavod, (respect) for self, others and materials.
5. Our space will offer best practices as it pertains to both the physical and mental well-being of the child. Children will be encouraged to interact in a safe manner with one another. No child will be shamed or reprimanded for their actions to connect. All actions taken by a child come from a good place and will be seen as such.
6. We will use positive language to support the children’s ability to navigate the new normal.
7. Adults will conduct themselves in a respectful manner at all times.
8. Materials will not be shared amongst the children. Ready-made kits will be available for each child. Once the child is done the parent/ child will place the kit in the designated cleaning space. All materials will be cleaned following state health and safety guidelines.
9. Although the space will be professionally cleaned prior to your arrival, wipes and cleaning supplies will be available for parents to wipe down surfaces in preparation for use by their child.
10. All participants will wash/sanitize their hands between activities and as needed.
11. All participants will abide by LBT and LBT ECC policies and commit to staying informed about and complying with ALL state, county, and local orders and guidelines, especially as they relate to hygiene, social distancing, and best health practices.
12. The Leo Baeck Temple Early Childhood Center may exercise its right to exclude participants
from school temporarily or permanently due to the participants failure to adhere to all policies/ agreements.
If the class is canceled it will be at the discretion of the program director to schedule a make-up class. If a date can not be scheduled a credit will be issued. In order to maintain pod group consistency make-ups for missed class are not available at this time.
*Policies are subject to change.